Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Turning the BIG 3-0!

So any of you that know me know that I have been dreading turning 30 ever since I hit 25. I planned on sneaking away to a hotel and spending the night with my friend jack daniels, but my friends and family decided a surprise party and drawing even more attention to my age was a better idea. I had suspected this would happen, but I'll give them credit they seemed so unorganized that they really did get me.

So I would like to do a quick tribute to the year 1978:

- The President of the United States was Jimmy Carter
-
A new home cost $54,750... a new car $5,400... gas $0.63 per gallon
-
Famous People: Ashton Kutcher, Topher Grace and Katie Holmes were born in 1978 as well as Kobe Bryant (not really proud of that one)


-Movies: Grease, Superman and Animal House








      - TV: Taxi, Mork and Mindy (you all tried the nanu-nanu thing didn't you... if you didn't then yes, I am old)








      - Music: We Are the Champions, Kiss You All Over, Hot Child in the City and Take a Chance on Me






      As you can see, 1978 was a great year and we all have a lot to be thankful for.

      So instead of having a breakdown about my age, I had a breakdown about how lucky I was to have such wonderful people in my life... no, seriously there were tears. Thanks for such a great birthday!

      4 comments:

      Banham Luck! said...

      so at our age it was Mork and Mindy Nanu Nanu.....today it is Teletubbies eat their Nunu!!! Argh I am old! So that song Take a Chance on Me! Is that why it is one of my favorite 70's songs, cause I was probably listening to it in the womb! Well Happy Birthday! I will be eating funeral potatoes come Monday!

      Banham Luck! said...

      So did you ever get the moped?

      The Hintze Family said...

      Happy belated Birthday!!

      Mr. Thompson and Me said...

      Happy Birthday Kate! (sorry I couldn't make it up for the party...) Google "Turning 30 by Andy Rooney" It's great and will make you feel oh so much better...