Monday, July 14, 2008

Finding the Perfect Gift...

I know many of you have struggled like I have when buying gifts for other people. You want to find that PERFECT thing.

My advice: do something that shows you actually thought about what to give them. I'm going to give you an example. For my birthday this year I got two very unique gifts, I guess you could say they both put a lot of thought into their gifts.

Gift #1: Trent
I got a text from my dear friend Trent saying he needed to give me a my present... that it included 2 wheels and ended in rasperry shakes. For the next two hours I was on motorcycle ride to Bear Lake. Could this gift be any better ?...out in the sun... straddling a beautiful man... on a Harley. (I don't think so)





Gift #2: we'll call him "Rusty"
When I bought my house, I worked with a wonderful Loan Officer. He was great to work with and I get things in the mail from him periodically. So I wasn't surprised when I got a birthday card in the mail from him. I was a little thrown off when I opened the card and out dropped a $1 lottery ticket from ID with the words "win big". Wonder what that means... hmmm. Now I'm not going to lie, I thought this gift was hilarious...just a little odd coming from the man who helped me get my house.



So obviously these two people knew me very well... and knew the perfect gift for me. So good luck with that perfect gift and when all else fails, buy a lottery ticket.


(Thanks Trent)

0 comments: