Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Hate Crime...

As many of you know I have pride that Logan, UT is nationally ranked as the "safest metropolitan area". Usually weekly police blotter includes things like sheep escaping on main street. In all my years in Logan, I think I've just witnessed my first hate crime ... against me.

So I woke up Wednesday morning to see my favorite, yes- favorite, trumpet vine (that crawls up the South end of my house) cut off and thrown about 30 ft away in the neighbors back yard. Not just pulled down, I'm talking sawed off and wires clipped.

Evidence A


Evidence B


Evidence C

Evidence D

After talking to the neighbors (or I as I like to call them witnesses)... I found out that they heard something in the middle of the night, still don't know who... or why. Do know one neighbor drug it to the back yard so they could get in and out of their house but everything else... still a mystery.

Did I call the police? You bet I did (and it only took them about 40 min to respond). The first question Logan Police Department asked me was ... "Is someone upset with you?" Seriously? Mad enough to cut down a tree?

So if I've upset you... I'm sorry, but maybe we could have talked about it instead of cutting down my trees- or if you insist on the tree cutting, at least cut down that damn Russion Olive in my back yard, but leave the trumpet vine alone.


If you have any information on the crime, please let me know. I'll be looking at some tapes, gathering evidence. If you think you're getting away with this, you're not. I have a case number and everything. I mean I have my suspisions... the EFY kids have been on campus this whole week. Sketchy.

7 comments:

Holly said...

Ok Kate, first of all it wasn't me, I have a very solid alibi and two cute boys that can account for my every move, they are considered juveniles but in a pinch they would testify for me. Second of all I know it was a beautiful vine but you do need to watch your swearing potty mouth! I have a 4year old that can tell you that sucking on soap stinks, don't make me come over there and wash your mouth out!!

Jessica said...

Katie! Who could be mad at you?? And even if they were.. what kind of person takes it out on an innocent trumpet vine!?! SICK I tell you! SICK! Good luck with the investigation.

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Remember when we lived across the hall from those freshmen and we died their gallons of milk each a different color? They were stinking mad! I think you should look into that lead... Sorry about your favorite trumpet vine.
Happy Birthday and WOW--your European trip looks amazing and sounds hysterical. Thanks for sharing.

Nish

Melissa said...

I had no idea Logan was such a dangerous place. I don't know that I can visit with my kids...who knows what can happen. Seriously, though, bummer about the tree. Why would anyone do that?

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I think I've solved the crime...CALL ME!

John and Erin said...

Let me know when I can come up there and help investigate. I've had some practice on the kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart case. I'm ready now... we'll take em down.

Holly said...

Ok Kate, if JaLae has solved the case I need to be filled in on it!!! One of you had better e-mail me or call me and if it starts with a R, I am on my way...refer to the Dixie Chick's Earl song...if you catch my drift!