Saturday, May 3, 2008

FINALLY...

Graduation- after years of homework, classes, internships and thousands of dollars on books and tuition I finally got that piece of paper that said I'm finished (well technically it comes in 6-8 weeks but they do give you a great alumni donation request in your fancy folder).



It was such a great weekend- we had three graduates, me, mom and sister. Mom finished her general studies degree at SLCC (with a 3.9 I might add), sisi pants got her Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies and I got my Masters in School Counseling.

The whole fam came up and stayed the weekend, even Grandpa Coy made the trip!

I had such great support from family, friends and I even got a special gift from Patrick Svedin (thank you for your special gift patrick).


My dad was on picture detail... he refused to use a digital camera, count to three or even make sure you are actually looking at him when he takes the picture- says he prefers action shots. He did go through 4 roles of film and will have them printed for all to see. I will say he would go to any lengths to get the "perfect shot".

So basically, mom and dad are proud and I'm done with school!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you! That's so awesome that you and mom and sister all graduated at the same time. Congrats to them, too. I'm am thrilled that you have a blog! You better keep it up because I'll be checking daily. I love you, friend!

Nish

Scott said...

I am so proud of all of you! That is so stinkin' awesome! I am happy you have a blog, I will be checking it often... Miss you tons.
Lots of Love,
Scotty

Jodee said...

Yeah Katie!!! Way to go! I am so well pleased! Tell your Mom and Sis congrats, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing your blog!

Love ya!
Jo

John and Erin said...

I'm sure proud of you all! Way to go cousin! That's awesome you guys all got to walk together. And I'm really impressed by the up and coming photographer in the fam.