Thursday, May 15, 2008

By popular demand... The GORGE!

Ok, so Kate actually has all of this info documented on her blog: singletonliving.blogspot.com but I thought I would share just a few pics of our miserable experience. Some friends and I got in a conversation about what we could eat… you know, in one sitting. Well it grew and grew and pretty soon we decided to make this dream a reality. Needless to say we accomplished the first (and last) annual GORGE. This was not a competition, but a personal best on what you could consume. I don't want you to think that the item I chose was because of how much I liked it, but more something I was willing to give up. I knew I would probably never be able to eat this item again after the challenge, so as much as I wanted to eat my mom's oatmeal picnic cake (oh how I love that cake) I knew it was probably a bad idea if I ever wanted to eat it again.


The Challenges





Tim-2 Marie Calendar Pies
Mission- not accomplished- 1 apple pie down
Marie Calendars Apple Pie = 4,296 calories, 180 grams of fat









Sister- 1 dozen Krispy Kremes and a gallon of milk
Didn't quite make it- 9 doughnuts and 3/4 gallon of milk... almost kiddoDoughnuts= 240 cal, 15 g of fat X 9 = 2,160 cal, 135 g of fat







Carrie-1 loaf french bread & box of Mac&Cheese
Mission Accomplished














Kate- the whole bird
Mission Accomplished- accompanied by the meat sweats
Rotisserie bird- 680 calories, 16 grams of fat







MJ- 1/2 gallon ice cream & bag of cookies
Mission Accomplished- and we were all impressed
ice cream & cookies = 1,120 calories for ice cream, 72 g of fat for ice cream, still checking on the cookies…









Casey- 2 large Little Caesars Pizzas
Mission Accomplished
little caesars pizza- 2300 cal, 90 g of fat X 2 = 4,600 cal, 180 g of fat









Lisa-1 better than sex cake
I'm not going to say I expected more out of her but I did... little less than 1/2, but I do believe she had the hardest challenge


Jenn- a whole loaf of PB&J sandwiches
Only about 1/2 way I'm afraid, but great technique on stacking the sandwiches


Me- 8 rodeo cheeseburgers
Mission- not accomplished, but oh so close...
rodeo burger = 390 cal, 22 g of fat X 7= 2,730 cal, 154 g of fat






Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Was it worth it? actually NO.
But it was hilarious.

2 comments:

The Hintze Family said...

I LOVE IT! I would have to do raspberry filled doughnuts, I love them, but after seeing the pics I'll pass! You kill me.

John and Erin said...

Love the pics! I'm impressed by every last one of ya. My stomach hurts just looking at the pics.