Monday, March 9, 2009

Wedding Weekend

It's been an eventful furlough so far. Ab and Matt had their wedding reception, Matt's best friend Trevor came into town from Atlanta for a few days, the assholes that are working on our road busted the sewer line out front so it floods our basement every five minutes. So we get to shower at the gym and go to the bathroom at the neighbors...real cool. In fact it got a little ugly this morning with my dad the the project manager almost came to blows... all I heard was things like "I'm going to sue your ass and the sons a bitches". Curt had to literally step in between the two of them... who would have ever thought of Curt as the peacemaker. Sorry dad but that guy was huge, my money would have been on him.
Oh, and Curt bought a new handgun. So naturally we had to go try it out... along with the shotguns, rifles, muzzleloaders and two black city boys who had never shot guns "legally" before. Let's just say it was entertaining.



The latest family photo.




My brother is trying to talk me into getting a little handgun. So if "anyone tries to go all Katie Gildea on you, you can take matters into your own hands". I guess that his new phrase for being robbed.

Pretty sure Matt looks like some sort of sniper here.

Trevor thought he looked pretty bad ass in this one.

Someone please tell my mom not to close her eyes when she shoots.


Old Dead Eye.
This is us trying to look tough. Abbey just looks like she smells something rotten.



I know you were expecting wedding pictures, but this is what you get. JaLae don't act like you don't love this about me... you knew what I was when you picked me up. Can't wait to see what the rest of this week of furlough has to offer.

9 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

You got furloughed too? Sucks huh!
I want to go shooting! Philip is anti-gun but I am a straight shooter!

Holly said...

LOL! Bleepedy, bleep....my ears...ummm I mean eyes are burning! JaLae those pictures were for you but those A#$$ and B#%^& were totally for me! Kate thanks for keeping it real!
P.S. I love the gun pics, I vote you and your fam the new NRA poster fam! Go NRA baby!!

Nikki said...

Oh and your mom closing her eyes!! WHAT the ?? Love ya

The Hintze Family said...

What an eventful little weekend! I can't believe your dad, well I guess I can! It would get a little old to have that going on in front of your house all the time. Love the pics!

Desi said...

I did not close my eyes!!! Notice the hair whipping in the wind? I hit the target didn't I? And Katie we decided "sonsabitches" is one word. Right Ab?

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Your mom is totally right Kate. "Sonsabitches" is really one word!

I love that you're such a thug packin' heat and talking all potty like.

True love!

Meg said...

Kstie Jo.. I have heard so much about you also!! I would love to see you when you are in O town!

Megs

Abbey Gal said...

Hahaha! This weekend was hilarious! And yes Mom, your eyes are closed. The boys had so much fun. Have you heard about the second "confrontation"? What a nightmare....

Abbey Gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.