Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm a dating machine...

So work has pretty much been crazy lately and I feel like I don't even have time to breathe, let alone do anything fun. So this weekend was a great break. Three days, three dates. It was a pretty big deal.


Date #1(Friday): Casey. Trent and I doubled this weekend with our gay dates... he went with Isaac and I went with Casey. We attended the Shakespear's play "Much Ado About Nothing" at the Morgan Theatre. Five actors from the London Stage performed mutiple roles. There were cheers, there were tears. I was touched.

Date #2 (Saturday): My brother. So for Christmas my brother, Curt, bought me tickets to the Jazz game vs the Hornets. Little did we know this would be the game after Larry H Miller's death. So yes... we saw the tribute... in person. It started with a single white rose and a spotlight on Larry's chair. Then we all sang the national anthem because "Larry would have wanted it that way". There were signs that said "We knew him, we loved him, we'll miss him" and "The game won't be the same without you Larry". After the game Derron Williams gave Mrs. Miller the game ball, after all the won the game for him. There were cheers, there were tears. I was touched. This is a pic of my brother, myself and the annoying kid sitting next to us.

Date #3 (Sunday): Putty. Many of you know I loved to be entertained... and my favorite form of entertainment is concerts. I'll see anyone, any kind of music and I love it. So Jenn took me to to see the one, the only Celine Dion. Wow what a voice. I was amazed at how many hand movements, bows, winks and surprised facial expressions she shared with the audience, but seriously what a voice. You know I love wardrobe changes and dancers. She looked fabulous and wow...what a voice. Larry would have loved it. There were cheers, there were tears. I was touched.

8 comments:

Desi said...

Hysterical.

Hali said...

You're my favorite! We need to play... I'm always up for a good concert ;-)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I just laugh...and laugh...and laugh...

Ann said...

You are a MACHINE!

It appears that you ahve VERY short hair in the picture with your brother. Could you please post a full photo so I can see the vision of beauty that you are?

Abbey Gal said...

LMAO! Remember when I thought Larry Miller hosted the "chili cookoff"? Thanks for setting me straight. I also know how long you have been trying to see Celine - two cancelled concerts I'm so happy it finally went through. "A NEW DAY! A BRAND NEW DAY!"

Unknown said...

I'm seriously laughing hard right now, that's hilarious. Did I tell you that Christmas '07 involved the in-laws and myself watching the Celine television concert maybe, oh say, around 12 times? That's a bakers dozen. The first time was great, the other 11 times it was forced on me. I still have nightmares dealing with her and that pixie dress and if it fell off.

Holly said...

You are so funny, you need to take yourself to some kind of comedy tour...Larry the Cable guy and Katie! I love it!!!
That is so cool you were at the memorial game for LM! You always seem to be in the right place at the right time...I can name a few, lucky girl!
Love ya!

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Haha I love it cousin! What a laugh! It looks like you did have a fun weekend though!