Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sixties, Sunny & Sister

I knew my recruiting trip to CA was going to be great this week when at the airport started talking to a lady with old grey sweats, swede boots, bright pink lipstick and a mink coat.
Then Abbey pulled up in our 2009 black Cadilac CTS... yeah, I drove a $60,000 car all week. I just felt rich, especially with my JLo sunglasses and nine west purse from Ross. From what I hear President Obama's new limo is by Cadilac... and if Caddy's are good enough for the president... they are good enough for me.

The week consisted of high school visit after high school visit. I think I'm a bad recuriter because the thought of visiting another high school right now makes me want to crawl in bed and never get out. We had a pretty packed schedule every day with visits but we were able to sneak away one afternoon and head over to San Francisco.

The seals were hilarious. I could have watched them all day. How would it be to just lay in the sun all day, swim around when you get hot. dream come true.

The taffy... delicious. I will not disclose how much we spent on taffy, let's just say we're not proud of it.

I saw the famous bushman. terrible disguise. 4-5 twigs hiding him on a cement sidewalk with no other shrubs around. Yet, he gets people every time... and I laugh... every time.

We were also able to meet Erin and Jon for dinner at Toto's (shout out to the Gildea family for telling us about this deliciousness).

All in all, I wish I could keep the weather and sister and get rid of the traffic.

5 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Obvioulsy...I'm in the wrong job.

John and Erin said...

Thanks for coming to see us and for treating us so much. Sure love ya.

Ann said...

So, so fun!

Abbey Gal said...

I'll tell you how much we spent on the damn taffy. Over $50! Outrageous! I can't say that if I had to do it over again I would do anything differently though. Consider it a lesson not-learned.

Kate said...

Us Gildea's appreciate the shout out! Thanks!