Thursday, October 2, 2008

Supportive and Sensitive...

Today is a sad day. Abbey and Matt moved to CA today. Matt's parents flew in Tuesday and they and my parents are helping Matt and Sister move this weekend. So my mom made a great dinner last night for the whole crew. So after dinner I walked Gramps home and we had the following conversation:


Gramps: "What are you going to do when Abbey leaves tomorrow? She is your best friend so I'll bet this will be sad"
(at this point I'm thinking... yeah Grandpa, way to be sensitive)
Me: "Yeah, I will definately miss her... don't know what I will do without her"
Gramps: "Well now that she is married, she has a new best friend"
Me: " I know, but Matt is going to have to share her with me"
(this is where I thought Grandpa would agree with me and take the supportive role that he should... instead he said the following...)
Gramps: "You know if you don't get married, you're just going to be all alone"
Oh to be 86 and not have to worry about what you say... or remember it for that matter. Love him.

7 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Gramps made me laugh...yet again. Three words: Ensign, page 54.

(yet another fantastic article on preparing for marriage. You'll looooovvvveee it!).

Holly said...

Don't worry Kate my 94 year old grandpa is always being sensitive and supportive when he tells me about how a need to lose a few pounds...I think when you hit a certain age you don't care any more you just say it. How would it be???

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Oh man... got to love our gramps eh? He sure knows how to say the right thing...NOT! He told me something along the lines that I should get those babies here! Lol, love him to!

Hali said...

Ha ha... I love your grandpa. What a character. No worries... I'm sure Matt will be nice and share your sis with you :)

Ashley said...

Katie-I was snooping around and came across your blog-I am still laughing about this post! Love your grandpa!

Abbey Gal said...

Hahahah I was crying I was laughing so hard when that happened! I miss you so much sisi pants! When are you going to come and see me? I have tomorrow free if ya can squeeze me in ;) Love you. Don't settle.

Nikki said...

Oh Grampa> You know your sister will always be there for you just like the rest of us. You can never get away from the wardle clan. Trust me. Never settle.