Tuesday, October 7, 2008

CLIFFY...

If you don't know my dad, then you are missing out. He is probably the funniest person I've ever met... no really...and if you encourage his behavior he only gets funnier. One of the best things about my dad are his sayings.

He has a saying for everything, I can't really explain them, so just enjoy:
"Born yesterday and lived all day for nothin"
"I know that's right"
"Hello der"
"Eat through the pain"
"Cramin' for the Famin"
"Put an egg in your shoe and beat it"
"That's the shits"
"Can't afford yesterday's newspaper"
"Them sonsabitches"
"It aint me"
"Let's make like a sheep herder and get the flock out of here"
"Balder then Ted Maynard"
"Got to go talk to a man about a horse"
"Bound up tighter than Brandy"
"Not wet enough to dry"
"More nervous than a dog shitting peach pits"
"I don't think there's anybody back there"
"You can shit the fans but you can't shit the players" huh?
"I'm tapped"

Names of Cars include: "Rice Gobbler", "Toyodle", "the Pumpkin", "Exploder", "the Taco", "Very fine mo-chine"

He usually only calls people by one of the following names: "Tina", "Evelyn", "Jeffy", "Tommy", "Tiny", "Swootie", "Carla three babies" dogs are called "un-vopers"
Thanks dad- for always making me laugh... love you!

10 comments:

The Fam said...

Okay, if you encourage him he gets worse, which doesn't necessarily mean funnier. Trust me, I live with it, don't encourage it. He is one of a kind though, isn't he. Love ya.
Mom

Holly said...

Kate I absolutely love it!!! That is the sweetest tribute to you dad! You are such a great daughter!
Love ya Hol

Trevor & Lindsey said...

I absolutely love her father and his sayings! He is THE funniest man I know... Trevor & I were talking about him the other day and his sayings! We love him!

Lara Wardle said...

almost peed my pants just now.. love ya!

Kate said...

You know how I feel about your dad's sayings...hilarious! And I am glad to see his shirt is in use...you're welcome!

Nikki said...

I Love My Uncle Cliffy!! He is freaking hilarious and always makes me smile.

Ann said...

A. I love the shirt.
B. Now that I live where people actually say, "I know that's right," I think of you both on a daily basis.
C. I miss you.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Now I know where you get it...

Thank goodness for genetics!

John and Erin said...

And my favorite... "Where you been? I've been worried sick about ya?" Always so caring Uncle Cliffy! Love ya!

Kim said...

Kate.... My favorite Cliffism is
"I am one step ahead of a fit"
He is truly a great man and makes me laugh! But he also has the kindest biggest heart I know!!
Happy Day to my Toyodle Twin : )
Kim Bass