Sunday, November 8, 2009

the family ward

So I'm trying out the old family ward these days. I may have been in the single ward scene for a while but as far as I remember cheerios and fruit snacks (and pink mints if you sat by Grandpa Coy) were a staple for little kids at church.

So imagine my surprise when the little family in front of me had the following "treats" during sacrament meeting: peppermints, oranges, pickles, bananas and peanut butter sandwiches.

Last time I checked Sacrament was only an hour. I didn't realize I needed to pack a lunch.

8 comments:

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

That's way funny! Those are all really fragrant foods--the chapel must have smelt like a cafeteria. I want to go to your church--it sounds very entertaining.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

It would be funnier if we didn't have the same experience. It got even better when they finished their picnic and broke out the toy box....

I've never been so tempted to get up and leave.

Told Aaron I was going to start listening from the mother's lounge. It has to be empty and I have a better chance of hearing the speaker there....

Holly said...

Haha! I think it is a mom who found out that "desperate times call for desperate measures..." Now that is a Cadillac of a mom...I am just the VW Bug mom...Nilla Wafers and Fruit Loops! ; )

Abbey Gal said...

When you're hungry you're hungry I suppose...

Unknown said...

KJ, with a menu like that, I might even start going back to church ;)

Desi said...

If it makes you feel any better your dad and I sat behind a family eating sandwiches and chips at Conference in the Conference Center. I'm just sayin....

The Hintze Family said...

That is so funny! Sage would always make sure he packed his own treats, but I don't recall ever bringing my picnic basket!

Nikki said...

That's great! What time is your church? Maybe during lunch? Still, people really...cheerios I can see, crackers I can see But a sandwich?