Sunday, October 18, 2009

No sad faces Niners fans...

You know what I love? Sleeping in hotel beds, couches and air matresses that deflate during the night and the plastic sticks to you when you wake up in the morning. It is so much nicer than sleeping in my own bed... especially since I got that 3 inch memory foam on there. It's that time of year again... when no one gets to sleep in their own beds because we are on the road recruiting ALL THE TIME.

I've spent the last three weeks in Arizona and California, but I did throw a few days in there to spend with my new nephew. I'm lucky to work with such great people though. They all give up their lives this time of year and who wouldn't want to have this guy in the room next door right... diet coke and all?


I flew to Cali a couple days earliy to spend a couple days with the nephew. He's 8 weeks old and couldn't be more perfect. We had a couple days to hang out...just the two amigos.
We slept...
hung out...
ate...
drooled... (well he did)

laughed...
... and cried.
and we loved every minute of it.

Then the next weekend my whole fam (including surprise visits by the extended fam) came out for TC's blessing. We decided to cram as much in two days as possible. We started off with family pictures that included David, the homeless man who told my brother and dad how haaaaaaaunted Hanford was. He heard people died... at 12 midnight.


We had the blessing (which my dad did such a great job with) and then a bbq.

I guess there was some confusion on who rented the facilites for the bbq because when we got there there was already a party going on with loots of booz, poker, rap music and lots of 4 letter words that burned our baby's ears. It was kind of like if Carrot Top got stuck in a room with 50 Cent... yeah it was awkward, no one knew what to do and I loved every second of it.
It cost me $50 bones but it was worth it to watch my cousing Chels yell cannonball and jump in the pool fully dressed. (see ab's blog for video proof)


Then the next day we went up to see the 49ers game. Now, I'm not much of a Football fan, but I'm not going to lie I've always loved the Niners. I love Jerry Rice and Jo Montana and like every other mormon girl on earth, I was positive I was going to marry Steve Young. I have never been to a NFL, and I have never seen so many crazy, drunk fans in fb jerzees in my entire life. A fight almost broke out on the row in front of us becuase someone had touched one of his 'boyz'. It was awesome. They lost but that didn't dampen spirits... one guy stood at the bottom of the escalator and gave every single person a high five and said "no sad faces niners fans... no sad faces".


So good to be home, but miss Ab, Matt and that little bug already.

9 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

Um did that say you were in AZ? That is funny cause I did not see you!!! CALL ME NEXT TIME, I NEED MY KATIE FIX!!! Maybe we could go to a Cardinals game...then you will have gone to two NFL games, I have never been to one either.

Abbey Gal said...

Awww me and the bug miss you too! Please come back soon... Maybe Thanksgiving??? Just a thought. Love you so much and thanks for all of your help. We have a full-time nanny position open if you are interested.

Holly said...

He is adorable!!! You are going to be the best Aunt in the whole world!!
BTW, we all know you and diet Coke guy shared the room and the robe! ; )

Jeremy and Annisha and family said...

That baby is the cutest ever!! Congrats, auntie Kaite. Glad you finally got to go to a Niners game. It sounds like everything you hoped for and more...

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I see that you finally met my brother. He's been working that "no sad niner faces" gig for years....

Ellen said...

You miss that little bug so much that you even talk to Boo like she's a baby... "But I love ham Ellen."

Unknown said...

At least the "diet coke guy" put a robe on for the picture....
Best,
The "Diet Coke Guy"

Nikki said...

Wish I could have been there to see Chels! Shouldn't a cousin trip be on the horizon? After your much needed home time though. Eh? Get ready for shopping day after thanksgiving.

Ashley said...

Ok Katie, I had to comment. I remember all of the Superbowl Sundays at your parents house and I remember you being in charge of the prayer for the food and PRAYING that the 49ers would win! One of my favorite memories of you!!! And your nephew is GORGEOUS!!!!