Sunday, November 30, 2008

California... knows how to party...

So I went to CA to visit my sisi pants for Thanksgiving. I've missed her so much so it was so fun to spend some time with her and Matt.

- Thanksgiving dinner for three. So Matt was worried about the dinner... and that we would have enought food and more specifically... enough "variety". Hello Matt have you met our family? We know how to cook, and we definately cook enough. Have I mentioned how much Abbey loves stuffing? She once cried when my mom made it for her...



- Black Friday. Shopping the day after Thanksgiving is a big deal. Moms and cousins meet that night and make a plan of attack. We meet at 4 am Fri morning, divide and conquer. It's usually freezing and we stampede through the store with the other million crazy women (I promise we don't trample anyone to death). So Abbey and I decided to face the crowds in CA and we were prepared for the worst. We get to Target at 5:40 am and could not believe it... seriously 70-80 people there total. Everyone walks in single file. No makeupless, crazy mothers in their pajamas. No cheering. No running. I really missed my money saving mormons. By 7:30 am we were back home in bed.



-Biggest trees on earth. On Saturday, Abbey and I went to Seqioua National Park. Abbey and turned into five year olds in a candy store. We loved these massive trees. One tree, the General Sherman, is 3,100 years old, over 300 feet tall and weighs 1200 tons. Of course the asians were going crazy with pictures, but I think we even beat them. Better than Disneyland (sorry Jenn).



8 comments:

Don Reynolds said...

"I really missed my money saving Mormons?"

What the hell does that mean?

Hali said...

Better than Disneylan?!?! I beg to differ ;). How are ya girl? Long time no see... Hope all is well. Glad you had a fun break with your sis! Take care

Ann said...

I totally thought of you on Black Friday! I spent Thanksgiving with Brent, and I tried to explain what Shopping meant to your family as we were shopping on Friday.

And, check out my blog from yesterday. Totally wearing the same hoodie. Conincidence? I think not.

John and Erin said...

Black Friday wasn't the same without ya. We missed ya!

Holly said...

I love Cali! That is so sweet of you to go to your sister's for Thanksgiving! You are such a great sister! K, so I totally went out on Friday to do the Black Friday shopping and I was so surprised that the mess had more than doubled!

Desi said...

Honestly, there was a person trampled and KILLED this year. I agree more than double the people out there. Once again, one of the funnest days of the year! Not, the same though without you two. Love ya.

The Hintze Family said...

Happy to see that Thanksgiving was good - nothing beats shopping on black friday! We should move our attack to CA - no competition, we could get everything we need!!!

Nikki said...

Hey Katie JO! We missed you on black friday. It's always hilarious with our fam.