Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sisi's Getting Married...

The happy couple...
Mr Matthew Raymann Mann and the soon to be Mrs Abbey Rae Mann
Here is Matt and Abbey showing us their excited engaged faces...Yeah, he's going to fit in this family just fine! (Thanks Curt for the bunny ears)
Abbey will explain the whole engagement and her plans on her blog- missabbeygal.blogspot.com but I wanted to give you a couple funny things that happened the last couple of days:
1. Ruining the proposal. So Matt had big plans to propose to Abbey at my house Sunday night, with close friends and family. Only I didn't know that... so close friends and family included some people from work and their roommates, my gay friend and his boyfriend, etc. So when I said things like ... "put that ring in your pocket, you cannot propose right now" I had no idea I was ruining everything. My mother then called and confirmed that I had in-fact ruined everything. So I frantically text Matt... appologizing profusely... with no repsonse. I couldn't sleep that night, knowing that this was all my fault. Fact is I was actually texting Matt's old number... no wonder her never responds. The best part about this whole thing was that Matt, my mom, and my dad all knew about this little plan... they just forgot to inform me. Thanks family.
2. Another Grandpa-ism. So if having a little sis get married isn't hard enought... let's throw Grandpa Coy in the mix. Grandpa needs to work on a little thing called tact. So we set off for a day of shopping and wedding planning on Tuesday. Grandpa stopped by to see what we were doing.
Conversation went a little something like this:
Gramps: So what are you are you guys doing today?
Me: We're going wedding dress shopping...
Gramps: Not for you (with a little fist tap to the chin... yeah you know how that goes)
Thanks Gramps...you've out-done yourself...yet again.
Congrats to the happy couple... I'm so excited for you!!!

6 comments:

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Oh yay! I am SO excited for her! Oh and dont mind Grandpa lol... man he sure could use a lesson or two! Lol.

Nikki said...

Gotta love the razzing. Pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Yay for Abbers!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Man....I sure love Grandpa Coy! He always makes me smile. You do too for that matter. I love you more and more every day Katie Jo!

Holly said...

I am so happy for your sister!! She looks so happy and excited!! Congrats to her and I too love the bunny ears. Nothing says welcome to the fam more than bunny ears!

John and Erin said...

Congrats Abbey!!! I'm excited for you guys. I need more details... I'm out here away from all the excitement so please tell me more. I need to hear more about this engagement.

Scott said...

Love it. Katie you are so stinkin' funny. Love you tons.