Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Always Patsy...


If the words "Crazy... crazy for being so lonely", "I go out walking... after midnight... out in the moonlight...", and "You walk by and I fall to pieces" mean anything to you then you should go to "Always Patsy Cline" the play... I did.

The night started out with Abbey, Matt and I rushing to the marriage license place. Literally. I'm talking them jumping out of the car and running hand-in-hand at 4:59 pm. They were a lot more prepared than the other couple who had to call home and ask not only her mothers middle name, but also her mom's maiden name. (People like that should not be allowed to marry)

Then we were off to Chuck-a-Rama...dinner of champions. I knew the choices would be Sizzler, OG never-ending pasta or Chuck-a-Rama. Gauranteed the never ending pasta was better than that mac n' cheese look-a-like I had... sick.
Then we were off to Patsy. The woman, the myth, the legend. We're talking a two-person, two-hour play of Patsy herself. Aunt Terri on my left singing every word and Matt on my right not knowing who the hell she was. Dad just beaming from ear to ear... no seriously he's been talking about this play for over a year now.

The play was actually great... lots' of fringe, sparkles and boots... loved every minute of it.
My mom dared us to take a picture with Patsy after... no dare needed.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks Cliff & Patsy for the memorable evening.

4 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Ask me sometime about the "Patsy Cline" concert I went to in Jackson Heights, Queens which is proudly proclaimed as the Transvestite Capitol of the World! All the fringe... sequins... make-up... you can only imagine! Tell Cliff that the only thing better than Patsy Cline...is Patsy Cline in drag.

Holly said...

I love Patsy Cline! That is soooo cool you went to the play! I can just see you there...you do the coolest things!

Hali said...

Next up....REBA!!! Wahoo!

Nikki said...

I can totally picture my mom singin her guts out! Fun stuff! I can't believe Abbey and Matt are getting married so fast! Crazy but not unexpected.