Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crackle, Pop... Snapped

So I realize I'm getting old. That I don't live the "freshmen" life anymore. I love having the house to myself. I love my flower garden. I love quiet.


Luckily, I get some dumb ass 17 year old boys next door to me this summer that remind me why I'm so glad I'm getting old. These boys are a real treat. One of them has such long hair that for the first month I swore he was a girl. They like to do really fun things like jump the curb on their scateboards into my yard, sit on my side lawn and drink beer all night, play hacky sack for hours on end and smoke weed in the lazy boys they have on the porch. These are some real classy boys living the life.

So a couple nights ago they thought it would be fun to light fireworks... until 2:30 am. Then when I went to work the next day they were all over my lawn, and luckily the sprinklers had gone on so they were nice and wet for me to pick up. Then last night they started a little earlier, lighting all sorts of fun ones like fountains, firecrackers, roman candles and something that had this nice screaching sound for a good 10 seconds. They did them so close to my roommates car that she went outside, chewed them out and moved her car. So I guess to be nice they moved them to the back of the driveway... right by my bedroom window... till 1 am.

Now I've always hated it when "old people" complained and ruined the fun, and I always vowed I would never do that person, but guess what... the patience is wearing thin. Very thin.

6 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

Don't be that neighbor, JOIN'EM. Make them some "special" brownies, after a few, you might think those fireworks sound pretty aaaawwsome dude.....PARTY ON KATIE!!!!

Ellen said...

Oh dear Katie. Sorry to hear I'm missing out on 17 year old's keeping you up all night. I'm sure you'd much rather have Wilco howling all night long in the neighbor's back yard. But I agree on taking them special brownies. Be a nice house warming gift don't you think?!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

At least you don't need to worry about them retaliating by cutting down your vine if you decide to go ahead and call the cops....

Trevor & Lindsey said...

Hell call the cops... we have some boys by us that are acting kind of the same way and I swear the next time Im woken up at 3am in the morning when I have to be up three hours later cause they decide they want to drop beer bottles from three stories up... Cops here they come! Oh and not to mention onto our driveway! GRR to stupid ppl... all we ask for is a little respect not being forced to call the cops. Cause havick but do it respectfully! haha. Maybe warn them first.

Nikki said...

Oh katie! I would be so upset! I know you don't want to be the party pooper but come on, right?

Abbey Gal said...

I'm gonna side with JaLae on this one... Ya don't have the vine anymore... or the hammock from Tiajuana, what more do ya have to loose? What happened to having respect for your elders??? LOL